Saturday, May 02, 2009

The joys of Farming

I'm so thankful every time I step foot on our farm in Hillsville that I can't even explain how happy it makes me to just be on the land but even happier that my boys are enjoying something that their Great Grandfather worked hard for and put in a lot of blood and sweat for us to be able to enjoy this wonderful piece of earth that the Lord blessed us with! Brodie usually can't wait to get on the farm for many reasons. One and the usually the first thing I hear as soon as we pull off 52 is, "I'm taking my set belt off because we're on the farm mama, ok?" Not that he ever gives me time to disagree or anything. Second, one of my all time favorites, "Mama I can pee off the porch or in the field because I'm on the farm!" It kills Kent but I think it's wonderful! Third, "Mama can I sit in your lap and drive?" This is a memory I have of myself sitting in the lap of my dad, mema, and Pa all over the farm driving the cars and trucks. I thought I was big!!!

Enough of all that... I really got off on a tangent... Here are some pictures of us on the farm!


"Big Daddy" of the field!





















New addition












Brodie driving on the farm.












Most moms can't stand to see a dirty face but for me it tells me he's feed and having the time of his life!




















Look and little me "thang" there... she's just as big as Brodie, or she thinks she is.
















Brodie and Farmer Pa

















The man that started it all!! Carl Staples my grandpa!

One of the strongest yet gentlest men I've ever known and probably WILL ever know. I can't explain to you the love I feel for my grandparents and the over whelming gratitude I have for everything they've done for our family!








Below are pictures of Tyler (my first cousin) driving his team to pull the wagon and hay so everyone can feed the cows.










1 comment:

Janet said...

Truly, those are the joys of Farming. Little boys, wide eyes and fresh air.

Cow poop on their shoes,... Not so much!